Dental veneers are thin, tooth-colored shells customized for each person. Custom veneers are a quick way to a beautiful smile for those whose teeth are chipped, unusually shaped or stained or have gaps.
At our dental office in Beaumont, we choose to work specifically with Lumineers veneers due to the quality and ease of application.
Lumineers veneers are ultra-thin and translucent in order to replicate the natural tooth as closely as possible. Another benefit is that Lumineers can be done quickly within a couple of visits to your dentist. Your first visit will be creating a precise mold for you and choosing your shade of white. A second visit is scheduled when they arrive, and your veneers are painlessly applied without drilling or shots. And once the procedure is complete there is no post placement pain or sensitivity. With proper daily dental care and regular visits to your dentist, your veneers can last for 15 to 20 years. In fact, clinical testing has shown Lumineers can last for over 20 years in some cases.
Caring for your veneers
No special care is required, but there are precautions that you can take to get the most out of your investment. This includes:
- Don’t grind or clench your teeth
- Never open packages with your teeth
- Don’t chew on hard objects like fingernails or pen caps
- Wear a mouth guard if you play sports
- Limit the amount of coffee, wine or other foods or drinks that may stain
- Lumineers can be a great investment to improve your smile. If you have questions, call us for an appointment and we will be happy to discuss veneers to see if they are right for you.